ABOUT C-SAVE INDONESIA
C-SAVE Indonesia is a network of civil society organizations collaborating to address violent extremism in Indonesia, the region and globally. To materialize the cooperation between the government and society, Indonesia civil society organizations agreed to develop a national network called Civil Society Against Violent Extremism (C-SAVE). This NGO is aimed to facilitate and support the emergence of innovative initiatives which will act as catalyst and provide a platform for multi-stakeholder collaboration addressing violent extremism at the local, national, and international levels.
C-SAVE PROGRAM FOR VILLAGE BASED EARLY WARNING SYSTEM ADDRESSING VIOLENT EXTREMISM
In order to support the main vision of C-SAVE that Indonesia should be free from violent extremism, Village Based Early Warning System Addressing Violent Extremism is designed to establish Village Base Early Warning system, tools, and processes to mitigate and prevent the growth of VE in Indonesia. Violent extremism is having a devastating impact on the lives and livelihoods of people particularly the most vulnerable including women, youth, and children. In partnership with BNPT and inter Ministries/Institutions, the proposed project expects to bring the lessons learned to the next level of impacts and replication in other villages across Districts/Cities and Provinces in Indonesia. The project focuses on two key areas of strategy: (i) implementation of village base early warning system; (ii) improved the knowledge of relevant local stakeholders on EWS programming, including but not limited to village women ulemas and village leaders, civil society organizations, and local governments. The proposed project will use a variety of intervention tools, including training, policy advocacy, and various dialogue and engagement activities between communities, CSOs, and local government.
SCOPE OF POSITION
C-SAVE Program Officer will report directly to Program Manager and Executive Director, supervising Program Assistant, cooperated with Finance Manager while also collaborate with C-SAVE member and partners in supporting program activities.
MAJOR TASKS AND ACTIVITIES OF PROGRAM OFFICER:
Overall Supervision and Coordination
- Oversee overall program management;
- Supervise Program Assistants and support C-SAVE office to achieve the objectives agreed to in grants and contracts of C-SAVE projects;
- Ensure up-to-date information on all aspects of programs and activities;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues in the office;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Plan, execute and monitor program implementation;
- Prepare and review all project-related documents prior to finalization;
- Ensure compliance with country-level entitlement regulations;
- Prepare monthly project reports for board and project reports for donors;
- Collaborate with the Program Assistant to ensure up-to-date information on all aspects of programs.
- Ensure sub-grant monitoring of local partners of C-SAVE concerning donor policies and procedures.
- Submit project document and information as requested by external audiences for review and approval before release.
- Prepare project reports so that they comply with grant or contract agreements.
- Ensure compliance with all C-SAVE policies and procedures as well as donor rules and regulations, and the timely submission of project reports within the guidelines established by C-SAVE and its donors.
- Strengthen the capacity of the project staff and provide guidance to program and operations teams for project-related activities.
- Contribute to the generation of concept papers and proposals;
- Develop budgets, budget narratives, and other information needed for submission to donors and others for fundraising marketing purposes;
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Master’s degree in terrorism studies (will be preferred), international relations, law, psychology and related social science major with at least 3 years experience in closely field.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in program management and monitoring.
- Thorough understanding of financial management, experience of managing budgets and financial transactions.
- Good coordination, facilitation, and supervision skills.
- Knowledge of donors’ rules and regulations would be a plus.
- Good oral and written skills both in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Computer literate in the use of word-processing, spreadsheet and internet.
HOW TO APPLY?
Qualified candidates should submit their CVs and a one-page cover letter, in the body of e-mail explaining the reason why they are interested to work with C-SAVE Indonesia and qualified for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org noting the job title in the subject line, “C-SAVE Indonesia Program Officer EWS- (Your Full Name).”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applications should be received by August 27th 2019.